Please note that this competition has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for competitions.
New art destination will showcase exceptional collection of international and Australian, including Aboriginal, art
- Two-stage competition seeks outstanding design team for new Adelaide landmark
- Prominent site on Adelaide’s celebrated North Terrace boulevard is adjacent to the historic Adelaide Botanic Garden and close to the Art Gallery of South Australia
- Adelaide Contemporary’s world-first Gallery of Time will draw from the State’s collection to place Aboriginal art and culture in conversation with work from European and Asian cultures
- Competition is open to international and Australian architects – with a requirement for international practices to link with Australian firms at Stage Two
- Stage Two honorarium of AU$90,000 for each of up to six teams
- First stage deadline: 21:30 ACDT / 11:00 GMT Friday 24 November 2017
The Government of South Australia through Arts South Australia and Malcolm Reading Consultants (MRC) today [19 October 2017] launched the Adelaide Contemporary International Design Competition.
This is a global search for a design team for a unique art destination within Australia. Combining a contemporary art gallery with a public sculpture park and meeting place, Adelaide Contemporary will be ‘uniquely Adelaide’, a focus for the cultural energies of this ‘City of Festivals’, which is known for a progressive culture that prizes engagement and participation.