Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Journey Group seeks a talented graphic designer for our print and brand studio.
The studio is focused on three disciplines: editorial design (including magazines, annual reports and catalogs), brand identity systems, and products and packaging.
Our culture is generous and collaborative. Our studio space is music-filled and fun. Our goal is to produce world-changing design excellence in service to our clients.
What are we looking for?
- An ability to push project designs toward innovative solutions that meet client objectives and exceed client expectations
- A capacity to respond to challenges with independent and creative thinking
- A penchant for excellence
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- 2+ years of design experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in image manipulation, file preparation and PDF workflow
What will you do?
Concepting | The creation of ideas; the exploration of visual solutions
- Research and develop visual concepts
- Present concepts to creative director and to clients
Art direction | The execution of the image concepts
- Maintain and monitor art budgets for each project
- Research and art direct illustrators and photographers
Design | The creative process; the implementation of approved design and concept solutions
- Based on design objectives, develop personality, tone and look for each assigned project
- Working with editorial content, experiment with design, typography and color
- Refine and develop design with creative director
- Present visual solutions to client as appropriate
What will help?
- A desire to be proactive in every phase of the process
- The capacity to enjoy collaborating with colleagues — but also the ability to fly solo
- A strong work ethic and good sense of humor
About Journey Group
Journey Group is a design agency located in Charlottesville, Virginia: a beautiful college town rich in history, culture and mountain vistas. From concept to creation, our print and digital studios design artifacts and experiences that inspire action. We serve an amazing client list of cultural institutions and nonprofit organizations in humanitarian aid, advocacy and higher education.
Our work is fueled by collaboration and we genuinely enjoy one another’s company. Our office, a thoughtfully restored, century-old home, is situated just off Charlottesville’s downtown pedestrian mall. Benefits include — but certainly aren’t limited to — health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, generous vacation allotment, discounted health club membership, and cellphone stipend.
To learn more, visit our website at . Then, send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé to Judy Grover, our managing director, at, by November 17, 2017. Tell us a funny joke and why you want the job.