Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Shape Products Inc. is looking for a talented, passionate and driven Lead Graphic Designer (mid-level position) to join our graphics/packaging team in our Toronto office. As a part of our team, you will work closely with our in-house graphic, and industrial designers to develop packaging and display graphics, corporate identities, websites, trade-show assets, and more!
We are an award winning design firm located in Toronto, with 15+ years’ experience. Our design portfolio includes consumer electronics, personal wellness and beauty, soft goods, and housewares categories along with complementary packaging, point-of-purchase displays and trade-show booth design.
What Makes A Perfect Candidate?
– You love packaging and awesome graphics
– You find yourself evaluating product packages and cool signs/displays as you wander through stores, thinking how you would have approached it differently or done it better
– You’re comfortable working with dielines and excited to explore the 3D world of packaging
– You enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary team and have strong leadership and organizational skills
What Will I Be Responsible For?
– Spearheading the creation of compelling graphics for our clients’ projects while mentoring our junior graphic designers and overseeing their work
– Contributing in brainstorming sessions, and delivering creative solutions that meet project objectives
– Creating a strong and consistent look for all projects based on the clients’ and Shape’s vision
– Collaborating with product design team, to provide supporting assets, as well as working independently
– Creating final print/production-ready files based on approved concepts where necessary
– Evaluating packaging materials, processes and costs with team
– Maintaining a positive, helpful, and productive attitude
What Will I Get To Work On?
– Packaging graphics that clearly communicate the product and its features
– Corporate Identity; branding, stationery, brand guidelines
– Point-of-purchase display graphics
– Trade-show graphics
– Website design (internal & external) and upkeep (internal)
What Qualifications Should I Have?
– Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or related field
– Dedicated to quality, both in the creative sense, and the work environment
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience in structural/graphic packaging design an asset
– Experience overseeing junior designers an asset
– 3-5 years of industry design experience an asset
I Need To Apply!
– We are currently working on overhauling our website, so feel free to have a more up-to-date look at what we do at http://www.designdirectory.com/shapeproducts
– Think you would fit right in? Want to come by for a visit and see for yourself? Drop us an email! Submit your application and include a cover letter telling us why you’re right for this role along with relevant design work and/or a portfolio.