Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Foster + Partners, the award winning, integrated design practice have an exciting opportunity for a talented Industrial Designer to join their team in South West London.
You will be working as part of the Industrial Design Team within one of the most innovative studios in the world on a diverse range of projects and scales from commercial products with external manufacturers to site specific bespoke pieces.
Reporting in to the Head of Industrial Design on a day to day basis and ultimately to the Head of Design.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- To work on industrial and furniture projects within the department and act as a consultant to the architectural and interiors teams
- Assess the need for manufacture of a presentation model and to liaise with the modelshop in terms of time and material management.
- To prepare and develop from the brief, a design proposal and presentation by means of hand sketches, technical drawings, graphics, CAD models, working and presentation models.
You will need the following skills:
- Have a strong creative mind and be able to demonstrate your process
- Strong use of CAD
- Rhino, CREO and Studiomax or similar, extremely desirable
- A degree in Industrial Design or a similar field (furniture/product design)
- Sketching – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- Making – be able to show examples in a portfolio
- Furniture Design (desirable)
Please apply with an up to date CV and Portfolio – applications without portfolios will not be considered.