Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Handel Architects, LLP is an award-winning, full-service architecture, planning and interiors firm committed to design excellence. Our San Francisco Interior Design Studio is looking for a smart, energetic, responsible Junior Interior Designer / Junior Interior Architect with a passion for interiors.
Our growing studio is seeking an individual with a combination of creativity and technical knowledge, adept at developing and assisting the design team on a wide range of hospitality and residential projects. You will work with and report to the Project Designer and Director of Interiors and assist with generating design concepts.
Designers in our studio are actively involved with their respective projects and are expected to show initiative, have entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for establishing relationships with other team members, consultants and client teams.
Studio members of all levels are required to be flexible, open minded and willing to work concurrent projects. We try to be a fluid group and encourage open design dialog and participation.
- Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Professional portfolio demonstrating passion for interior design and interior architecture
- Candidate must understand the process of translating design concepts into building assemblies, must be able to space plan, provide furniture layouts, develop imagery, and prepare specifications
- Highly organized and collaborative
- Must possess strong technical skills and ability to assist in the preparation of design and construction documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent graphic presentation skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Creative Suite (excellent Photoshop and InDesign are essential)
- Proficient in 3D modeling and rendering (Sketch Up, Rhino or Max )
- Must possess high sensibility, affinity for materials, products and product resources for interior applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and working on various projects concurrently
- Assist to prepare and develop graphic presentations for client approval
- Collaborate with design team to develop space plans, furniture layouts, FF&E selections and documentation
- Produce finish plans, furniture plans, schedules, specifications and material selections needed for construction documentation
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture vendors, material suppliers and fabricators
- Manage vendors and library
- Generate design concepts using Photoshop and 3D modeling/rendering
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing and assist in the construction administration phase.
Please send resumes and samples of work in PDF format to.
Include “Interior Designer/Interior Architect, 2-5 Years’ Experience” in your email subject line.
No phone calls please.
Handel Architects, LLP
735 Market Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103