Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are looking for a unique and talented individual with extensive design experience that will be responsible for leading and participating in product research and design projects for our clients with a design centric representation in the business development process. This position will report directly to the Director of Design, Radius San Jose with significant and collaborative interaction with members of the engineering, research, human factors, and business development teams.
In addition, this individual will take part in directing design projects, collaborating on design programs with leadership oversight and hands-on design work, and facilitating and leading client relationships. This is a highly visible and dynamic position whose focus will be on Radius site specific and global organizational initiatives.
- Hands-on involvement with design development programs and design department strategic initiatives and planning to support excellence and growth
- Contribute and articulate knowledge and experience in user-centered research and design development, offering strong visual and verbal story-telling skills to create meaningful, market-relevant solutions
- Lead Design programs and client relationships as Project Manager, with responsibilities that span from initial client contact, to leadership of designers & teams, to project & proposal planning and proactive management of deliverables and budgets
- Contribute to the creative culture of pride, passion and integrity, and provide proactive contribution to the strategic direction of Radius
- Collaborate with Business Development and Radius Silicon Valley leadership team to create project proposals and strategic plans and initiatives
- Understand and maintain the Radium Quality Management System to ensure excellence in output and service to our clients
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Industrial Design; Master’s degree preferred but not required
- 10–20 years of experience as a practicing designer with a focus on product & user experience design
- A history of developing products within multi-disciplinary teams, from inception to commercialization (including Strategy, Research, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Human Factors, and Manufacturing)
- In-depth experience in design for high volume production, and design of complex product assemblies
- Solid working knowledge and experience in user research methodologies
- Skilled in the timely preparation of accurate, well-planned project processes, proposals and budgets
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong strategic, creative and conceptual skills
- Excellent portfolio and highly developed design skills, including 3D modeling experience
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple project teams in parallel
- Strong command of verbal and written communication, with refined interpersonal skills
- Experience designing for consumer technology, medical, life-sciences, or consumer packaging industries a plus
- Experience in leading creative projects, designing and executing user-centered methodologies, strategic brand design development, and design for high volume manufacturing
- Flexibility and adaptability of approach, with a result-driven attitude to find workable solutions to every problem
- Motivated, takes initiative, and excels at motivating others
- Ability to see the big picture in meeting and exceeding the customers’ needs
- Strong leadership qualities, collaborative work ethic and a great sense of humor
Radius is an award-winning firm that develops products from design through manufacturing for top clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial, and packaging markets. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment with excellent salary and benefits.
Interested in applying? Submit your resume by clicking here. You will be directed to apply for this Radius position at Jabil.com, our corporate partner’s website.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.