Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Michael Green Architecture is an internationally award-winning practice based in Vancouver, Portland, and Victoria. Our work is recognized for its leadership and innovation in mass timber design as well as socially sensitive and environmentally conscious design. MGA is a midsized firm with 25 staff. Current projects include a large sports and culture centre in Sweden, high tech offices in France and New York, innovative mixed-use residential projects in France, the US, and Canada, academic buildings in the US and Canada, as well as custom homes.
MGA is currently seeking a creative Senior Architect with strong leadership skills for our Vancouver office to lead and support our current and upcoming projects. The position leads project teams through all phases of work, including collaboration and coordination with the design team, clients, consultants, and relevant authorities. This position requires someone who is self-directed and independent with strong collaboration skills and an approachable demeanor. We are a social and collaborative team in an open studio environment.
CANDIDATE SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Architectural degree from an accredited program.
- 10 + years of relevant architectural experience in a broad range of project types.
- Local Vancouver experience, BCBC, VBBL, Passive House or Net Zero is an asset.
- Experience leading large projects.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent technical, design, and graphic skills, with the ability to conceptualize and design complex projects from pre-design through construction documents phases.
- Self-motivated; ability to multi-task, manage time well, and work towards deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in Canada
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and/or other design related software is considered essential. Revit knowledge is an asset.
- Registered AIBC / RAIC Architect preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of building envelope and construction assemblies.
Working with Michael and the design team, the successful applicant will lead and support design efforts on projects of multiple scales. Candidate will demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking in the design process, and be able to effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and graphically.
- Project management and co-ordination through all project phases
- Work directly and effectively with clients, consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Lead the development of presentations using physical and digital tools.
- The successful applicant will be able to work constructively in a team-oriented environment, provide mentorship, and manage junior and intermediate design staff.
In return, MGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative, open-office environment.
All applicants should submit a portfolio with CV and references to [email protected]