Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Sixteenfifty, a boutique creative, advertising and branding agency, is looking for an experienced Senior Designer / Art Director. This individual must be a well-rounded designer with intelligent design skills and a refined sense of detail. This is a hands on role as you will be tasked to design and help steer creative. We are a working group and travel at a fast pace.
This position works directly with ownership and is able to lead and create from concept through to final product. This includes identity/brand development, advertising campaigns, interior concepts, web sites, viral and guerrilla marketing. The successful candidate will be organized, dependable, knowledgeable, detail-oriented, able to work both autonomously and as part of a team and possess the ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously without freaking out. You will be responsible for taking briefs from Account Managers and ownership, working across a wide range of projects, and have the ability to direct a design team and get your hands dirty on projects. We are a working group, and take pride in everyone’s hands on approach.
Sixteenfifty is an entrepreneurial place and talented people with spirit for going above and beyond are successful and thrive.
What you’ll do:
• Create design solutions for our various clients, including but not limited to print, wed, TV, social, environmental
• Develop concepts in conjunction with ownership
• Prepare files for printing and publishing
• Interface with merchants, creative, pre-press, and traffic teams to ensure design approvals • Work in conjunction with different teams on collaborative projects
• Lead a team of designers
• Design and work on your own projects while multi-tasking with the team on various other projects
• Work on various hospitality experiences from casinos, hotels, restaurants to various
What you need to have:
• BA required in design, graphic arts, interactive media or related field
• Minimum of 5 years of prior agency work experience in a similar position
• Ability to prepare final mechanical files for release to printer
• Proficient with Mac OSX and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Illustrator proficiency and efficiency REQUIRED)
• Well developed typography skills (with knowledge of visual hierarchies)
• Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
• The ability to work in a timely manner to meet deadlines
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and social personality
• Self-motivated, hard-working, initiative-taking
• Exposure to diverse project work
What You Need to Send Us
1. Your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements)
2. A URL for or copy of your killer portfolio that shows us what you can do
3. Any other tidbits that let us know that you have a passion for the work
Sixteenfifty Holding, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Sixteenfifty via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Sixteenfifty. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Sixteenfifty as a result of the referral or through other means.