Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Canary is a unique graphic, branding and environmental design studio within Gould Evans, a national architectural firm.
Canary brings experience working in both public and private sectors and offers a portfolio including brand development, print media, environmental graphics, and interior design.
We are looking for candidates that are energetic, talented, and have a desire to work as part of a collaborative open environment design studio in Phoenix, AZ.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
- Work collaboratively within our studio, encouraging and challenging one another toward more innovative solutions to our clients’ design challenges
- Collaborate with clients to determine their vision, purpose and function for the environment, budget, and end outcomes.
- Integrate findings with project-specific research and knowledge of interior architecture, formulating solutions that are grounded in best practices yet unique to the client’s needs.
- Advise clients on interior design factors such as space utilization, spatial organization, integration of building systems, and utilization of furnishings and equipment, color schemes, and finishes.
- Render design ideas in form of models, drawings, and illustrations and present designs to client for approval. This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plans.
We’re seeking candidates with:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or related field from a CIDA or NAAB accredited program, required
- 10-12 years professional experience in the field of architecture, interior architecture, or interior design with a passion for creating remarkable interior environments.
- Collaborative, team-based approach to problem solving and a propensity to explore multiple solutions to a given problem.
- Strong knowledge of design process including architectural interiors, graphics capabilities, FF&E, furniture specifications, color and materials, etc.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suit
- Demonstrated ability to think in visual terms, to communicate, illustrate and present ideas effectively, and to work with project teams through challenging problem-solving exercises.
- A passion for research in the human factors aspects of interior architecture.
- Rendering skills and knowledge of SketchUp and/or other programs such as Rhino, Podium, 3D Max preferred
- Drawing skills and proficiency with Revit preferred
- Ideal candidate will be dedicated to seeking NCIDQ Certification and/or Licensed Architect
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and an electronic portfolio to. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled