Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is seeking a skilled, experienced, and responsible person to fill this position of Senior Museum Exhibit Designer. LHSA+DP is an architecture, museum planning and exhibition design firm with diverse projects in children’s museums, history and science facilities.
• Collaborate with both internal and client teams to include but not be limited to: Project Managers, Senior Staff, Exhibit Designers and Interpretive Specialists, Curators, Client Reps
• Work with Senior Staff to develop specific designs in response to owner needs
• Develop creative and innovative design solutions with technical integrity
• Produce hand sketches and/or 3-D digital models
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent in Architecture, Exhibit Design, Interior Design or Industrial Design
• 5-7 years of work experience in an architectural or exhibit design consulting firm, exhibit fabrication company, or museum in-house design dept.
• Excellent design skills and ability to conceptualize design concepts
• Working knowledge of museum space planning issues, exhibit design, and designing interactive exhibits for multigenerational audiences
• Hand sketching and drawing ability
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Proficient knowledge of SketchUp and/or Rhino required
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Ability to consistently meet assigned project deadlines and required deliverables exhibits within a short-time frame
++ International candidates must hold a valid US working permit. ++
IMMEDIATE OPENING. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please e-mail your resume, examples of work, 2-3 references, and salary requirements. No phone calls please.
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.