The successful candidate will have the ability to lead projects within a team environment. You are looking for an opportunity that will showcase your creative side in a role that will impact transport mobility in the world around you. The types of projects will include developing interchange layouts, designing passing lanes, preparing transportation master plans, conducting traffic impact studies, preparing parking studies, corridor studies, undertaking safety assessments, and working on active transportation studies. As part of a national team of transportation planning professionals, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with colleagues across Canada.
- Analyze highway corridors and develop functional designs;
- Conduct traffic operations analysis;
- Oversee transportation system/network planning and development of transportation master plans
- Conduct sustainable transportation analyses
- Prepare functional plans for sustainable transportation;
- Interpret and report travel forecast results and plans, and communicate findings to clients/stakeholders;
- Liaise with team members and the public on transportation issues;
- Prepare study schedules, proposals and project reports;
- Lead project meetings and make presentations to clients;
- Mentor and supervise staff related to transportation planning and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary solutions; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university in engineering, urban planning or a related field with a focus on transportation;
- Minimum 10 years of related experience;
- Ability to manage complex technical analysis, using tools such as travel demand forecasting (e.g. EMME, TransCAD, VISUM), micro-simulation (e.g. VISSIM, Synchro), and GIS database software;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to liaise with the public on transportation issues;
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills;
- Mentoring and supervision of staff in transportation planning and work closely with other departments to develop multi-disciplinary solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals, business cases and technical reports; and
- PTOE or PTP would be viewed favourably.